It is now possible to use a Shopify store as a marketplace channel, albeit with limited functionality compared to our main marketplaces like Amazon and eBay.
The current standard features of Shopify as a marketplace are as follows:
- Stock updates from your online store back to Shopify
- Order imports from Shopify into your online store.
There is potential for more than this, such as creating new products in Shopify based on those in your store. Please contact our sales team (email@example.com) for further information, as this would be a paid customisation.
If you just wish to take advantage of our standard features then the process to get setup is:
- Open your Shopify store and add the products you desire, ensuring you give them the same SKU as those in your cart
- Create a Private App in Shopify: In the App section is some small print: ‘Working with a developer on your shop? Manage private apps’. Click on this then create private app.
- Give it any name and your contact email (this won’t be used it just needs populating)
- Ensure you allow Read/Write permissions for both Orders (Orders, transactions and fulfillments) and Inventory. Expand the ‘Review Disabled Admin API Permissions’ option to locate these if needed.
- The App does not need access to the storefront. Save and create the App. This will generate some authorisation credentials.
- Create a support ticket (email firstname.lastname@example.org) to request the Shopify marketplace to be added to your CU account. Provide your authorisation credentials
- CU Support will add the channel as well as connect it and download the inventory location IDs of your existing products. IMPORTANT: Should you ever add new products into Shopify, you will need to contact CU Support again to download the inventory location IDs of your new products.
- Once CU Support advise you they’ve added the marketplace successfully, you are free to ‘list’ the products you want to keep in sync. You don’t need to list the products to grab orders, but you do for those that you want stock syncing.